Monday, January 14, 2013

The Infertility Cure.

A few sessions ago with Dr. E, he prescribed me some homework. He recognizes that his strict instructions on me not maxing out my cardio exercise efforts at the gym handicaps my ability to cope with stress and anxiety and wanted to give me something to help compensate. A book to read: The Infertility Cure, The ancient Chinese Wellness Program for getting pregnant and having healthy babies, by Randine Lewis.

Two sentences into the introduction and I was hooked. Hooked in the sense of 'OMG, I could have written this book. I am this woman, and this woman is just like me!!' So I kept reading. Randine talks about having a healthy baby, and several years later, attempting to have another but ending up suffering a miscarriage instead (me). Her yearning to have another child grows into an obsession (me). She takes pain pills to numb the emotional pain (me, again). And then she goes into how she turned Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to completely transform her reproductive system, and as a result had a healthy baby boy months later (I hope this will be me someday!).

There are several different chapters included in the book, all with the same overlying Mantra, "Infertility is a Myth". For my situation, this book has been invaluable.There is a whole chapter on Premature Ovarian Failure, POF, that has brought me much comfort in that I am experiencing none of the normal symptoms associated with this condition. It has offered me hope beyond hope with every case study presented; and as a result I feel I can better communicate with Dr. E. Anyone experiencing any form of infertility (which is a myth!) should pick up this book.

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Hey B. My acupuncturist gave me this book and I never read it. Maybe I should. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

 
At January 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM , Blogger B said...

yes! read it! life changing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home